Senior Real Estate Specialist®: Designation FAQs
Why should I become a Senior Real Estate Specialist® and earn the SRES® designation?
This education-based senior real estate designation addresses the fastest growing market in real estate. The networking benefits, across North America, may be the single best reason to get connected right now and become a Senior Real Estate Specialist®.
Why are seniors moving? To be closer to grandchildren. To start that vineyard they've always dreamed of. To address health concerns. The list goes on and on. Can you speak to the unique motivation senior clients have? Do you know how to counsel your client on their options? This is the kind of distinction that can set you apart. As a Senior Real Estate Specialist®, you can be the hero.
Seniors Real Estate Specialists® are instantly able to:
- Join a group of REALTORS® who comprise one of the fastest growing markets in the country.
- Connect to a nationally advertised brand in the consumer market.
- Market your personal brand with designs and tools you receive with membership.
- Register online for courses in over 50 states and provinces.
How do I earn the SRES® Designation?
Three (3) requirements must be met to be a Senior Real Estate Specialist® and use the SRES® designation:
- Successful completion of the two-day SRES® Designation course, including an 80% passing grade on the exam.
- Active membership in the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Active membership in the SRES® Council.
What are the requirements to maintain the SRES® Designation after earning it?
Designees must be members (and maintain membership) in the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® either as a REALTOR® member or Institute Affiliate member, as well as members of the Seniors Real Estate Council®.
How much are the annual dues for the SRES® Council?
New Senior Real Estate Specialists® receive a one-year membership in the Seniors Real Estate Council® FREE. Annual dues are $99 each year thereafter.
How do I join the SRES® Council?
The only way to join the Senior Real Estate Council® is by successfully completing the SRES® Designation Course, for which you will receive one-year free membership in the council.